Identification settings: Understanding AND and OR
There are up to three selection boxes— as many as there are identifier profiles for the invoice profile. If you use image identifiers, Kofax ReadSoft Invoices looks at these first, followed by value identifiers. All value identifiers are searched simultaneously.
To specify the identification settings
- If there is one identifier profile:
Select the identifier profile. This means that one identifier will be used on invoices.
- If there are two identifier profiles:
In each of the two entry boxes select an identifier profile, or select None in one of them.
Click either AND or OR.
- If there are three or more identifier profiles:
In each of the three entry boxes, select an identifier profile or select None.
Click either AND or OR between the entry boxes.
The priority is from top to bottom. The top two entry boxes are treated as if there is a parenthesis around them.
Assume you have three identifier profiles: an image identifier named A, and two value identifiers named B (bank account number) and C (postal account number).
You want to identify invoices using one identifier only.
A OR B OR C = (A OR B) OR C
This means that Kofax ReadSoft Invoices can learn an invoice if there is one identifier on it that is described in identifier profiles A, B, or C.
You want to identify invoices using two identifiers, an image and a value.
B OR C AND A = (B OR C) AND A
This means that Kofax ReadSoft Invoices can learn an invoice if there are two identifiers on it, where one is described by image identifier A and the other is either value B or value C.
- If the functionality to automatically change supplier identifiers in Verify is enabled, it will not work for invoice profiles and definitions that use "AND" relationships in connection with identifiers. It will work, however, if only "OR" relationships are specified.
- Identifiers should only be used with OR logic when using a value identifier as a layout identifier.