Adjust the supplier, supplier number, and description
If supplier number and description are not displayed, and you cannot change the supplier, see other instructions. Otherwise, use one of the procedures below when the supplier is incorrect:
- If a supplier registry is used, and Kofax ReadSoft Invoices is uncertain if the supplier is correct for any reason (more than one supplier can be matched to the invoice, or it is the first time a supplier is seen in the system, for examples), a yellow triangular icon is displayed next to the box. When you click the box, all matching candidates are listed in the pane directly under the Supplier box. In addition, the complete information for the currently selected supplier is found in the bottom pane in the window. Verify the supplier using the information in the invoice image and select the correct one in the list and press Enter.
- If a
supplier is not listed in the
Supplier box (or if you want to
check against all
suppliers that belong to the selected buyer), you can
simply start typing desired characters into the box.
- If a supplier registry is used, a list of all suppliers for which the entered characters match (in any of the displayed columns), is displayed. Configuring supplier information columns that are displayed in Verify.
- If the invoice is matched against invoice definitions, the names of all definitions that match the entered characters are displayed.
- If the
supplier already exists, you can select the
supplier from the list and press Enter. If the program
finds that there is more than one variant for the
supplier in the system,
Select layout dialog displays a list of those variants and asks you to
select the correct one. When you make your choice and click
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices
then asks you if you want to reinterpret the
invoice according to this
- If you click Yes, the invoice is reinterpreted according to the selected supplier’s invoice definition.
- If you click No, the invoice is only connected to the invoice definition.
In both cases, any changes you make to the invoice affect the invoice definition.
- If this is a new invoice from a new supplier, a new invoice definition is created from this invoice and saved with the name you enter in the Supplier box. If master data is used in this situation, you can type in <New supplier> or click the New supplier button on the bottom of the window.
- If the invoice is from a one-time vendor, you can either type <One-time supplier> in the Supplier box, or you can click the One-time supplier button on the bottom of the window.
If you change the supplier in Verify, you must select the Reinterpret option in order for the invoice to be reinterpreted against the invoice definition of the new supplier.