Welcome to Kofax eCopy ShareScan
The main release highlights of version 6.5 are the following:
- SharePoint connector supports Sensitivity labels: This connector supports the selection of pre-configured sensitivity labels when uploading documents to SharePoint Online. Sensitivity labels help users to classify and protect sensitive content when collaborating on documents.
- Highlight and Redact service improvement: eCopy now enables the use of Highlight and Redact service with Bates service, and together with other document services, regardless of their execution order configured.
- Folder and E-Mail watcher processing order: eCopy now offers a new processing order configuration option in the Folder and E-Mail watchers, enabling processing files also in FIFO (First in, First Out) order besides the legacy (Parallel) processing order.
- Token Vault improvements: The new version of Token Vault supports Azure SQL and Azure Active Directory, enabling integration with Microsoft cloud-based database, and identity and access management services. Token Vault also offers more flexible database and authentication configuration options on its UI, thereby providing better user experience. This tool itself is required for configurations using Modern Authentication.
The COM registration of connectors and extenders is deprecated in version 6.0 and higher of eCopy ShareScan, since the application uses a different method to identify connectors and extenders. The old mechanism is only preserved for 3rd party connectors and to ensure compatibility.
In the Administration Console, all system functions are available on the Ribbon and there are separate tabs for configuring services, connectors and devices. System functions are available on the Home tab and the Advanced tab.
The Home tab contains the most frequently used functions in five panes:
- System: Settings, Activity Monitor, Reporting, Remote Management, Start/Stop/Restart (the ShareScan Manager), Refresh (state of ShareScan Manager service control buttons)
- Devices: Licensing, Add Device, Manage, Confirm
- Watching: Set up watching
- VWE: Visual Workflow Editor
- Scripting: Scriptable Workflows
The Advanced tab contains less frequently used functions:
- Configure: Timers, Auto Sync, Database, Preferences, Tools (Data Publishing Mapper, Activity Tracking Report, Profile Tool)
- View Details: Services, Connectors, Devices
- Console Language
- You have to specify a valid 22 character long license key during product installation. When the Administration Console is started for the first time, it opens a dialog offering license installation (license represented by the license key entered into the installer Wizard screen). If you click OK on this dialog, the application tries to download the license from the license server, and install it (this is successful only if the computer running the Administration Console has a working Internet connection). This functionality runs only once.
- If the download fails for any reason, you must add or import the license manually as described in the Licensing Wizard section.
- When the Administration Console is started, the system checks to see if the IP address associated with the ShareScan Manager still exists in the registry. If this is not the case, an error message is displayed, and you have the option to update the IP address (this starts the services, but you have to reconfigure the clients), or you can close the Administration Console.
- The COM registration of connectors and extenders is deprecated in version 6.0 and higher of eCopy ShareScan, since the application uses a different method to identify connectors and extenders. The old mechanism is only preserved for third-party connectors and to ensure compatibility.