To edit the settings for incoming invoices, perform the following procedure.
- Navigate to
- On the Reference validation settings page, click Edit.
Select a recipient within your organization to set field validation for incoming invoices.
The information about the recipient's operator, the recipient profile, and existing references (if any) is shown.
The reference validation is available depending on the choice of the recipient profile. Not all recipient profiles have reference validation.
Choose validatable field, select the applicable field name.
The drop-down list displays only field names available under your recipient profile.
To provide a list of values that are allowed in the validatable field, complete the following steps.
- In Type of reference validation, select Reference list.
- Click Add reference at the bottom of the page.
- Specify the reference value, provide a description, and click Save.
Repeat the step, if necessary, to provide more values.
Invoices without one of the provided values in this field will be rejected.
Apply auto correction of references on incoming invoices to allow
Kofax Invoice Portal
to isolate content that matches any reference value from the rest of the text in the field.
Otherwise, invoices that contain extra text along with a correct value will be rejected.
- Select Use case-sensitive reference validation to enforce rejecting invoices with reference values containing text in the wrong letter case, such as, "amy watts" instead of "Amy Watts".
To verify input in the validatable field according to a rule, complete the following steps.
- In Type of reference validation, select Pattern rule.
Type a regular expression and click
Invoices with validatable field value not satisfying the rule will be rejected.
- To add validation to more fields (if available in your recipient profile), repeat the procedure.
When you are done, click
The validation values or rules are applied immediately after saving.