Integration with a business system for sending
You can connect your ERP system or an eDelivery operator to start using Kofax Invoice Portal as a hub transferring invoices to recipients. Request Support to configure this integration. Click. If you are a Free member, you need to upgrade your membership level to be able to integrate your business system with Kofax Invoice Portal.
- Click Integration with a business system for sending. and scroll to
- Specify substitution rules for invoices transferred from your business system. See Edit substitution rules for invoices from your business system.
Business system/format, select the business system or format that you use.
Fields for file transport settings become available.
Fetch files from, select how to retrieve the files: email or FTP.
Specify the settings for the
Email account (POP):
- Server: Type the email server address.
- Port: Select the email port number. Standard is 110. 995 if Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is used.
- Username: Type the user name for your email account.
- Password: Type the password for your email account.
- SSL: Select to enable SSL (encryption).
Or specify the settings for the
- Server: Type the FTP server address.
- Port: Select the FTP port number. Standard is 21 for direct FTP connections, and 22 is standard for SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
- Username: Type the user name for your FTP account.
- Password: Type the password for your FTP account.
- Path on FTP server: Specify the path to the folder where the files are to be retrieved.
- File name pattern: Specify whether any specific types of invoices are to be retrieved from the folder. For example, to only retrieve XML invoices, type *.xml. If this box is left empty, all files are retrieved.
- FTPS security method: Select a method.
- Secure FTP/SFTP: Select to enable SFTP (encryption).
- Binary mode: Select to enable binary mode, which means the transferred data is not converted but sent as a direct stream. If this option is not selected, ASCII transfer is used instead, which means that all data is first converted to text characters and then the data is converted back when it reaches the recipients.
- Remove file after polling: Select to delete files after they are transferred to Kofax Invoice Portal. The user must have the necessary file permissions for this action.
- Passive mode for transfer: Select to enable passive mode, which allows direct transfer without any further configuration. We recommend that you select this setting.
- Specify the settings for the Email account (POP):
- Under Email address to send error notifications to, enter the email address to use when sending notifications if there are problems with a transfer.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.