When you select to convert your message content to PDF in the destination configuration, Kofax Import Connector actually converts all non-PDF parts of the message to an ISO-standardized version of PDF, the PDF/A. However, Kofax Import Connector can also convert PDF parts to PDF/A.
- If Microsoft Office is selected as conversion tool in MS Office Documents, conversion of excel documents will result in PDF documents rather than PDF/A documents.
- Conversion to PDF/A depends on the normalization capability of the 3rd party product used in Kofax Import Connector for this purpose. Given that and the complexity of the PDF/A document conversion in general, it cannot be guaranteed that compliance to PDF/A is achieved by 100 % for every converted document.
Enabling Conversion to PDF/A for PDF Documents
- Configure a destination. See Destinations Tasks for the general procedure.
- On the Advanced Conversion and Import tab, select Normalize PDF documents to PDFA.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Click Restart Service.