Writing custom job items
Write custom job items in C# as follows:
Install the custom job item template.
- Start workflow XML Designer, and select , or
- Install the CustomOmniPageJobItem.vsix file in the CSDK bin library by clicking on it.
- Open Visual Studio with admin rights.
Create a new project using the Visual C#/Kofax/Workflow XML Designer Custom Job
Item Library template.
This template is in the Installed templates.
Delete the unnecessary code details.
The created project and code can be built and run by itself. The code contains the following classes:
The worker job item, that originates from a job item within the Kofax.OmniPageCSDK.IproPlus namespace.
The design job item, that originates from a job item within the Kofax.OmniPageCSDK.IproPlus.JobDesign namespace.
The class providing the minimal UI for the design job item it the Workflow XML Designer. It is included in a .xaml file.
If you create custom job item for the first time, test the process flow.
In the lower right window, the Content of Output XML File field changes from (none) to (XML Content). It can be viewed by clicking the ... button.
- Build the project. Make sure to use the proper version of CSDK (32-bit or 64-bit) and to select the proper platform.
- Start workflow XML Designer, and select .
Browse to the assembly built in 5.a.
The line is filled with the name and path of the assembly, and the name of the design JobItem class.
- Click Ok.
- Create a new job.
- Find the new job item in the upper right window, and drop it to the job.
- Select Output XML File in the lower right window, and enter the SampleParameter.
- Select .